My Top Orlando Attractions for the Christmas Holiday Season
By Rich Noto
The Christmas and New years holiday Season is one of the best times of the Year to visit Orlando. Not only is Orlando full of endless entrainment year round but it is also full of Holiday Entrainment. To those that enjoy Christmas lights and New Years Celebrations Orlando is a great place to visit. This holiday attraction list should keep anyone busy for over 2 weeks. It’s worth noting that holiday lights start showing up after mid November. Prior to that some parks and hotels have lights on display. It’s not until December that every location has lights on display.
This article will give a general list of my favorite places to see. I do suggest seeing every Disney Hotels and Stopping in the Universal orlando ones if time allows. Each hotel has a different theme and you may like some more than others. This article will include Theme Parks, Hotels and other locations. The order does not necessarily reflect how it ranks.
Walt Disney World Resort
- The Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom. The main street is in lights and so is the Cinderella Castle. There is also Mickey’s Christmas Party which is a special ticket event with special fireworks. New years eve has the best fireworks countdown anywhere. Be Sure to arrive early and camp on main street if you want a front view of the castle on New Years Eve.
- Disney’s Epcot. Epcot has its holidays around the world and decorations will be on display. A huge Tree is on display. Special Holiday foods are also available for purchase. The new Years fireworks are second best to the Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Worlds Hollywood Studios. Featuring Jingle Bell Jam and Special shows on the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The park will have some decorations scattered around.
- Disney World Wilderness Lodge. One of the best looking trees and lobbies decorated. The tree is huge and the lodge has the best Christmas feel around. Don’t miss it.
- Disney World Animal Kingdom Lodge Hotel. Another huge tree with very different looking themed decorations. Another must see hotel as it has 2 lobbies called Jambo House and Kidani Village. Kidani is nice to see with its small trees making it fee quaint.
- Disney World Grand Floridian Resort. The Grand Floridian has a life size Gingerbread house that is real baked. The Tree is also one of the largest in the Resort along with the Wilderness lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Universal Orlando Resort
- Universal Studios Orlando. Universal Studios has the Macy’s Parade to celebrate the holidays. It has decorations and large trees around the park. Harry Potter Diagon Alley is included.
- Lowes Royal Pacifica and Hard Rock Hotel.
- Universal Islands of Adventure. Grinchmas is in lights and a Special Light and Fireworks show on Hogwarts.
- SeaWorld has the Sea of Trees. It has 100 trees that light and change color to music. All on the lake. It’s the best alternative to when Disney Hollywood Studios had the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Seaworld also has Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer along with The Bumble, Yukon Cornelius and others from the show. Seaworld has holiday food and snacks as well.
SeaWorld Sea of Trees
- Busch Gardens Tampa. Yes it is in Tampa but it’s worth the drive. The park has some of the best lights around. Over the years it has seen updates and changed from the first year.
- Ice at the Gaylord Palms. Ice is a seasonal indoor event featuring carvings of holiday characters such as Charlie Brown and the Peanuts crew. its freezing inside naturally to keep the ice from melting so have warm cloths to bundle before entering.
- Celebration. The town has lights and a tree. Its a nice place to spend the evening having dinner and eating.
- Disney Springs. Disney Spring has attractions that come and go yearly. The Trail of trees is one that seems to stay. It is trees decorated to Disney Movies
- Disney Boardwalk Resort. This is a Package deal. Parking and walking around gives access to many themes. The Boardwalk is comprised of 5 Hotels. Namly the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk. Each hotel resort has its own Christmas Trees and other decorations. There is also another baked Gingerbread on display. Outside the Swan and Dolphin is the palm trees along the walkway playing music like the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights but a mini version.
- Margaritaville Resort. Some small decorations around the resort. Its a great stop for some food and to walk around in a less crowded atmosphere.
Give Kids The World
- Night of a Million Lights at Give Kids the World. A must see event for a great cause.
Busch Gardens Tampa